Blind Dog Radio

Flagin' It To Georgia by Jaydee Short

Jaydee Short - Flaggin' It To Georgia; E position, standard tuning.

INTRO

I'm goin' back to Geor'ia, that's my native home
I'm goin' back to Georgia, that's my native home
Now, if I don't go back to Georgia, I swear I won't last long

I'm gonna do like a flagman, get out on the highway's line
Gon' do like a flagman, get on the highway line
I'm gonna stop this engineerman, man, so I can go southbound

Done worked all the summer, when the days was long
Done worked all the summer, mama, when the days was long
Now, wintertime done come and I have not got no home

The women'll be nice to you, man, when you've got a good job
Women be nice to you, man, when you've got a good job
When you get out of money, jack, they don't want you in they yard

I trust you, woman, trust you each and everywhere
I trust you, woman, trust you each and everywhere
Now you's a dirty mistreater, woman, 'cause I ain't got no job

Mmmmm-mmmm, Lawdy, Lawdy, Lawd
Mmmmmmmmmm, Lawdy, Lawdy, Lawd
Lord, I'm done fell down, treated like a dog

Then, mistreating woman, don't do me this-a-way
Mistreating woman, don't do me this-a-way
Lord, I ain't got no money, baby, and you can not stay