Blind Dog Radio

Car Machine Blues by Memphis Willie B.

Memphis Willie B. - Car Machine Blues; D position, standard tuning.

Oh, miss lady, let me drive your little car machine
Oh, miss lady, let me drive your little car machine
You got the softest rumble in any machine I ever seen

I love your machine, I loved it right off the reel
Lord, I love your machine and I loved it right off the reel
And I been beggin' you all the week, let me get under your little steerin' wheel

SOLO

I raise your hood, bettin' your little generator wouldn't strike a spark
Yes, I raise your hood, and your generator wouldn't strike a spark
Now, if your carburetor ain't flooded, little girl, you need your battery charged

I was drivin' the other mornin', I was really carryin' up through the tail
I was drivin' it the other mornin', I was really carryin' up through the tail
She said, "Little Willie, I'm gonna let you be my chauffeur, 'cause you drive it up there."

Mmmmmmmm, she has got the sweetest car I ever seen
Mmmmmmmm, she got the sweetest car I ever seen
You know, she got a Stanley carburetor, but my baby been burnin' bad gasoline