Blind Dog Radio

Blue Blazes Blues by Emery Glen

Emery Glen - Blue Blazes Blues; G position, standard tuning.

I got the blue, blue blazes blues, they burns all night long
I got the blue, blue blazes blues, they burns all night long
I sits up wondering because my good gal's gone

Smoke go up the chimbley, black clouds hanging low
Smoke goes up the chimbley, black clouds hanging low
Where in the world did my good gal go?

Papa love Mama, Mama do love men
Papa love Mama, Mama do love men
Mama's in the graveyard, Papa's in the pen

You would have the blue, blue blazes blues, they burns all night long
You got the blue blazes blues, they burns all night long, if you had treated your good gal wrong
Well, you can't mistreat 'em and keep 'em, too, why she left me no one ever knew

SOLO

Papa love Mama, Mama do love men
Papa love Mama, Mama do love men
Well, Mama's in the graveyard, Papa's in the pen

Blue, blue, blue
She's blue, she don't know what to do
My baby, when she leaves here, she don't know what to do

I got the blue blazes blues, I don't know what to do

Notes:
Emery Glen was a country blues singer and guitarist, who recorded four titles for Columbia in Atlanta, Georgia, in 1927.