Blind Dog Radio

Bald Eagle Blues by Willie "61" Blackwell

Willie "61" Blackwell - Bald Eagle Blues; self-accompanied on guitar in D position, standard tuning, Alfred Elkins on imitation bass.

They call me "Bald Eagle", because I sail beyond the clouds
They call me "Bald Eagle", because I sail beyond the clouds
I am the choice of my family, I am my mama's only child

My mind begin ramblin', won't be long before I stretch my wings
My mind begin ramblin', won't be long before I stretch my wings
I am going to sail away one morning, and I won't be back 'til Spring

I'll sail the Atlantic Ocean, also the Chesapeake Bay
I'll sail the Atlantic Ocean, also the Chesapeake Bay
I was tryin' to spy the Pyrenee Mountains, where the eagle pullets lay

The women say I'm mean but handsome, I know I'm my mama's only child
Women say I'm mean but handsome, I'll admit I'm my mama's only child
Just bear with me a few days longer, I will consider after awhile

You don't believe I'm leavin', just meet me the first sunshiny day
Don't believe I'm leavin', just meet me the first sunshiny day
At the Statue of Liberty, you will see your eagle rooster fly away