Blind Dog Radio

Back To Bed by Shirley Griffith

Shirley Griffith - Back To Bed; E position, standard tuning.

Woke up this morning, went right back to bed
I woke up this morning, went right back to bed
I had the blues so bad, I couldn't rest easily here

Goin' away to, wear you off my mind
I'm goin' away to wear you off my mind
And I'm goin' away just to wear you off my mind

Who in the world told that ugly lie?
Wonder who in the world told that ugly lie?
Must've been the rising eagle, sure gon' rise and fly

Love my baby, tell the world I do
I love my baby, yes, God knows I do
I don't love nobody, whole round world but you

Goin' away, won't be back 'til Fall
I'm goin' away, I won't be back 'til Fall
And if I happen to meet my good gal, won't be back at all

Goin' to the river, buy me a rockin' chair
Well, I'm goin' to the river, I'm gonna take my rockin' chair
And if the blues overtake me, rock on 'way from here

That's your woman, you better buy you a lock and key
If that's your woman, you buy you a lock and key
Because it's the only way you can keep her away from me