Blind Dog Radio

Two Street Blues by Charley Jordan

Charley Jordan - Two Street Blues; E position, standard tuning.

Every time I start drinkin', my babe roll 'cross my mind
Every time I start drinkin', my babe roll 'cross my mind
She keep my poor heart achin', you see I'm bothered all the time

That's never was but the one thing, ever started me to drink
Never was but the one thing, that's ever started me to drink
Baby, and that's when I sat down, Lord, and I begin to think

I sent for you yesterday, baby, here you come pokin' up here today
Sent for you yesterday, mama, here you come pokin' up here today
Babe, I just think you treat your daddy this-a-way

I got a plumb good woman, Lord, in this town somewhere
I got plumb good woman, Lord, in this town somewhere
Just puttin' it down on Two Street, think I'll find my good gal there

SOLO

Well, it's down there on Two Street, that's where I always long to go
Well, it's down there on Two Street, that's where I long to go
Well, my baby went down on Two Street, said she wasn't comin' back home no more

Says, the Good Lord forgive me for everything I do
The Good Lord forgive me for everything I do
If the Good Lord forgive me, how come my baby can't forgive me, too?

Said, my mama told me, Lord, when I was a child
Say, my mama told me, baby, when I was a child
"Have you a good time now, but they gonna kill you after a while."