Blind Dog Radio

Old Rounders Blues by Blind Lemon Jefferson

Blind Lemon Jefferson - Old Rounder's Blues (2018-1). Chicago c. August 1926, Pm 12394; C position pitched at C#.

(Baby, listen a-here: I was wicked all last night and the night before. I believe I'll go out tonight and get wicked some more. Woo-hoo!)

I ain't gonna marry, ain't no need of settlin' down.
Ain't goin' to marry, ain't gon' settle down.
I'm gonna stay like I am, gonna ride from town to town.

There's a house over yonder painted all over in green.
There's a house over yonder painted all over in green.
Some of the finest young women there a man most ever seen.

I'm goin' into town, talk with that chief police,
I'm goin' into town, talk with that chief police,
Tell him my good gal done quit me and I can't let her see no peace.

My home's in Oklahoma, I ain't got no business here.
My home's in Oklahoma, I ain't got no business here.
I'm just stoppin' 'round to have drink with a brand new gal.

I went home last night, fell down on my bed.
I went home last night and I fell down on my bed.
I got to dreamin' so, I was fallin' all out my bed.