Blind Dog Radio

Hard Working Man Blues by Memphis Willie B.

Memphis Willie B. - Hard Working Man Blues; D position, standard tuning.

I'm a hard-workin' man, and I work both day and night
I'm a hard-workin' man, and I work both day and night
And no matter what I do my baby just won't treat me right

So many nights I'd come in and I've found you gone
So many nights I'd come in and I've found you gone
And I can't do nothin', but just sit and cryr alone

Ev'y mornin' before payday, you treat me like a king treat a queen
Ev'y mornin' before payday, you treat me like a king treat a queen
But after you get my money in hand, you treat me like someone you ain't never seen

SOLO

I ain't gon' give you no more of my money, babe, I'm sick of bein' your clown
I ain't gon' give you no more of my money, I'm sick of bein' your clown
I'm gon' get me a settle-minded woman, I'm gonna let you wild womens run around

Mmmmmmmm, Lord, I feel like raisin' sand
Mmmmmmmm, I feel like raisin' sand
Says, I'm just a hard-workin' man, tryin' to do the best I can