Blind Dog Radio

Framer's Blues by Eli Framer

Eli Framer - Framer's Blues; E position, standard tuning.

Mama, I'm gwine to the river, set down there by myself
Say, I'm goin' to the river, babe, gonna set down there by myself
Told the woman I love, she don't want nobody else

Say, if it wasn't for my Mother, then this girl I love
Say, is it wasn't for my Mother, baby, then the girl I love
Give my body to the fishes, Lord, my soul to the Lord above

Say, my Mama fussed with me, when I was young and wild
Say, my Mama fussed with me, when I was young and wild
"Mama, you oughta consider, Mama, Lord, you done been a child."

Well, I ain't gwonna marry, babe, I swear I ain't gwonna settle down
Well, I ain't gwonna marry, babe, I swear I ain't gwonna settle down
Say, I'm gon' stay 'round here, babe, gonna wear these good browns down

Babe, if the blues gonna kill me, baby, better take my measure, measure now, Lord,
Blues gonna kill me, baby, take my measure now
Say, the blues gonna kill me, baby, take my measure now

There's a change in the ocean, mama, change in the deep blue sea
There's a change in the ocean, baby, change in the deep blue sea
Say, you take me back, baby, find a change in me

I followed my rider, baby, to her burying ground
Say, I followed my rider, baby, to her burying ground
Say, "Easy, preacher, let her body down."