Blind Dog Radio

Waycross Georgia Blues by Barbecue Bob

Barbecue Bob - Waycross Georgia Blues; Spanish tuning with a slide.

INTRO

Down in Waycross, Georgia, where I so long to be
Oh, down in Waycross, Georgia, where I so long to be
There's a Waycross mama, waiting down there for me

She's long and she's tall, Sweet Mama Jellybean
She long and she's tall, Sweet Mama Jellybean
She knows just how to get me out of New Orleans

I never had her quit me, 'cause she knows her stuff
I never had her quit me, because she knows her stuff
When she starts to lovin' me, I can't get enough

I'm goin' back to Waycross, goin' back there today
I'm goin' back to Waycross, goin' back there today
Then when I find my mama, no more will I stray

She sure put it on me, I can't rub it off
She sure did put it on me, I can't rub it off
I used to be hard boiled, but now she made me soft

SOLO INTERLUDE

Oh, listen here, Waycross mama, please wait, wait for me
Listen, Waycross mama, please wait for me
I'm headed for Georgia, where I so long to be

SOLO

Mmmmm, mmm-hmmm, hmmm-hmm
Mmmm-hmm-mmm, Lawd, Lawd, Lawd Lawd
Mmm-mm-mm-mm-mm-mm, hmm-hmm-hmm, mm-mm