Blind Dog Radio

Railroad Blues by Guitar Slim & Jelly Belly

Guitar Slim & Jelly Belly - Railroad Blues. Both guitars sounding in C, with Jelly Belly in standard tuning and Slim tuned EADGCE; Slim, vocals.

Well, I'm standin' on a railroad, watching the stars above
Yes, I'm standin' on the railroad, darlin', watching the stars above
Yes, I'm standin' here wondering which train carryin' the one I love

When that train passed me with my baby all inside
Yes, when that train passed me with my baby all inside
You know, I didn't have no money and the man sure wouldn't let me ride

And it's, "So long, baby", with tears standin' in my eyes
And it's, "So long, baby", with tears standin' in my eyes
Yeah, the love I had for you, darlin', I just realize

So I'm standin' here, listenin' to the birds singin' up in the tree
Yes, I'm standin' here, listenin' to the birds singin' up in the tree
Well I'm hopin' some day that my baby come back to me