Blind Dog Radio

Jesus Is My Friend by Washington Phillips

Jesus Is My Friend - Washington Phillips; Self-accompanied on Phonoharp and Celestaphone.

SPOKEN: Subject of this lecture: "Jesus Is My Friend"

Jesus is my backer
Stands by me day by day
And when I need his blessing
All I've got to do is to pray

When I was laying at hell's dark door
There, full of sin
He opened his door of mercy
And there He taken me in

And ever since I've been in Jesus
And shook a-loose from sin
The world can be my enemy
But Jesus is my friend

He left the doors of Heaven
On the account of love
He did his work as a Saviour
And went back home above

What a friend we have in Jesus
You know that's the veriest thing
Now while I've got my instrument
That's the song that I b'lieve I'll sing

SUNG: What a friend we have in Jesus
All our sins and grief to bear
What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer
All our sins have been far fell [sic]
Oh, what grievous pains we bear
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer

SOLO