Blind Dog Radio

Frankie by Dykes' Magic City Trio

Dykes Magic City Trio - Frankie; J.R. Dykes, fiddle and vocals, Hub Mahaffey, guitar, Myrtle Vermillion, autoharp.

Frankie was a good woman, everybody knows
Paid a hundred dollar bill for little Albert, a suit of clothes
"For he's my man, my gambling man."

Frankie went down to the bar room, she ordered up a glass of beer
Said she to the bartender, "Is my little Albert here?
For he's my man, my gambling man."

"Not a-gonna tell you any, Frankie, not a-gonna tell you no lie.
He left here just about a moment ago with a girl called Alice Frye,
For he's your man, your gambling man."

Frankie went out a-walking, she did not go for fun
For underneath her apron she had concealed a .44 Gatling gun
"For to murder the man, that done me wrong."

"Please don't murder me, Frankie, please don't murder me now.
For I love you, indeed I do, and I know my love is true.
I'm the man that done you wrong."

"Turn me over, Frankie, turn me over slow.
But please don't touch my wounded side, my heart will overflow
But I'm the man that done you wrong."