Blind Dog Radio

Deceitful Blues by Texas Alexander

Texas Alexander - Deceitful Blues; Willie Reed and Carl Davis, accompanists, Dropped D tuning.

Some people say, worried blues, they ain't bad
Some people say, worried blues, they ain't bad
But they's the worst old feeling, man, I ever had

I said, the brownskin woman deceitful, yellow gal, she is worse
Oh, brownskin woman deceitful, yellow gal she is worse
I'm gonna get myself a black gal, then play safety first

Don't you wisht your woman was built up just like mine?
Don't you wish your woman built up just like mine?
I say she's tailor-made and she ain't no hand-me-down

I'm gonna trade this Lincom (sic), get me a Cadillac 8
I'm gonna trade this Lincom (sic), get me a Cadillac 8
It takes all of my time, tryin' to keep my business straight

Every time I need my woman, that's the time she's gone
Every time I need her, that's the time she's gone
I'm goin' get my baby, baby, gonna carry it back home