Blind Dog Radio

Allen's Lying Blues by Allen Brothers

Allen's Lying Blues - Allen Brothers; Austin Allen, vocals, tenor banjo, Lee Allen, guitar in G position, standard tuning and kazoo.

KAZOO SOLO

I've rambled from Canada to the Panama Canal
I've hustled and gambled with many a pal
Sailed on the Atlantic for a year or more
I've even been a clerk in a ten cent store

KAZOO SOLO

I went from Maine to the Golden Gate
Even shook a shimmy with my sister Kate
Saw Uncle Jack, the Jelly Roll King
Give Clara Bow her diamond ring

KAZOO SOLO

I fired the boiler for Ford's sawmill
Even drawed the water for Jack and Jill
Worked a while on the old S P
Then I floated on a cracker down to Tennessee

KAZOO SOLO

I've tucked the covers for old Queen Anne
I shot three times at a regular man
Voted for Hoover, even shined his shoes
I'm the man who wrote the "Jake Walk Blues"

KAZOO SOLO

I'm always bragging wherever I go
'Bout building the ark in Jericho
Favor taxes when they're not misplaced
And I'm smoking Golden Grain in a Chesterfield's place

KAZOO SOLO

I went to school with Red Riding Hood
I've gambled on the rock where Moses stood
Saw Gid Tanner when he tried to wed
The "Bully Of The Town" to "Ida Red"

KAZOO SOLO

I've done the Charleston with big Babe Ruth
It's an awful easy thing to misplace the truth
If you want to hear another, just play the other side
While I take my gal for a buggy ride

KAZOO OUTRO