Blind Dog Radio

Tallahassee Women by Tallahassee Tight

Tallahassee Women - Tallahassee Tight; G position, standard tuning.

When you get in Tallahassee, put your money down in your shoes
Tallahassee women, they sure put a messin' on you, now,
Lord, I'm goin' to Tallahassee, I got these Tallahassee blues
Yes, these Tallahassee women sure put a messin' on you

Yes, I was walkin' down the street the other day, my Hattie on my mind
A woman walks up to me, baby, wants me to buy one drink of 'shine
I told her, "I'm goin' back, I ain't got no money to spend.
But I'll buy you one drink, baby, when I see you again."

Tell me, ain't no need in worry, ain't no need to feel bad
The folks down in Tallahassee made me spend all the money you ever had
Lord, these Tallahassee women, they put a messin' on you
But I can tell you one thing, I got these Tallahassee blues

Mama, I don't feel good, I don't feel bad
I never had a gal like the one I have had, now,
That was down in Tallahassee, where I had these Tallahassee blues
I got these blues so bad, don't know what in the world to do

When you go down in Smokey Hollow, put your money down in your shoes
Them Smokey Hollow women sure will put a messin' on you, now,
You go down in Smokey Hollow, put your money in your shoes
Yes, them Smokey Hollow women, they sure will put a messin' on you

SOLO

Now, I'm feelin' so bad, I'm feelin' so sad
I ain't had a drink so long, 'til I feelin' so bad, now,
I swear, and I'm goin' to Tallahassee, got these Tallahassee blues
When you get in Tallahassee, the woman put a messin' on you