Blind Dog Radio

Motherless And Fatherless Blues by The Mississippi Mudder

Motherless and Fatherless Blues - Charlie McCoy; Vestapol tuning, with a slide.

I say, I'm motherless and I'm fatherless, and I've been misled
I say, I'm motherless and I'm fatherless, and I've been misled
And it have caused rocks to be my pillow, and concrete to be my bed

I say, I looked at my Mother's picture, hanging upside the wall
Looked at my Mother's picture, hanging upside the wall
And I say, every time I see it, the tears begin to fall

I say, if I could see her smilin' face once more
If I could see her smilin' face once more
I say, I would be through with driftin', babe, from door to door

I say, before I lost my Mother, had friends for miles in 'round
Before I lost my Mother, had friends for miles in 'round
I say, since I've lost her, friends can not be found

I used to call my Mother, she used to come to me
Used to call my Mother, she used to come to me
I say, but nowr I'm calling, and she can't answer me