Blind Dog Radio

Leavin' Town Blues (Take 2) by Ishman Bracey

Leavin' Town Blues (take 2) - Ishmon Bracey; G position, pitched at Bb, standard tuning.

(Instrumental break)

Now, tell you, mama, now, I'm sure gonna leave this town
Mmm, tell you, mama, now, I'm sure gonna leave this town
'Cause I been in trouble ever since I set my suitcase down

Now, you don't believe I'm leavin', just watch the train I'm on
Now, you don't believe I'm leavin', just watch the train I'm on
Now, you don't believe I'm ducking, just count the days I'm gone

Now, I got me [a woman?] she's already trained
Now, I got two ponies, and they's already trained
All you have to do is just tighten up on the reins

Now, I love my sugar, now, I tell the world I do
Now, I love my sugar, now, I tell the world I do
Now, I believe sometime that fool's gotta [gonna?] love me too

Now, Lord, oh, Lord, oh, oh Lord, oh, Lord, oh, Lord
Mmm, Lord, oh, Lord, oh, oh Lord, oh, Lord, oh, Lord
Now, the woman I'm lovin' treat me like a mangy dog

Now, 'fore I stay here, mama, 'n' be treated this a way
Mmm, 'fore I stay here, mama, be treated this a way
Now, I let some freight train stow me every day

Mmm, look a yonder, honey, that evenin' sun done gone
Mmm, look a yonder, honey, mama, honey that evenin' sun done gone
I came way over here, mama, a long ways from my home