Blind Dog Radio

Hard Times Ain't Gone Nowhere by Lonnie Johnson

Hard Times Ain't Gone Nowhere - Lonnie Johnson; DGDGBE tuning, D position.

People is ravin' 'bout hard time, tell me what it's all about
People is holl'in' 'bout hard times, tell me what it's all about
Hard times don't worry me, I was broke when it first started out

Friends, it could be worser, you don't seem to understand
Friends, it could be worser, you don't seem to understand
Some is cryin' with a sack of gold under each arm, and a loaf of bread in each hand

When I had plenty money, I spent it on my so-called friends
When I had plenty money, I bought 'em the best whiskeys, wine and gin
Now, the sole of my shoes is thin, and I'll soon be on my feet again

If you a single man, you'd better drink and have your fun
If you a single man, you better drink and have your fun
'Cause when that love bug bites you, then your worries ain't never done

People ravin' 'bout hard times, I don't know why they should
People is ravin' 'bout hard times, I don't know why they should
If some people was like me, they didn't have no money when times was good