Blind Dog Radio

Frankie Dean by Tom Darby & Jimmie Tarlton

Darby & Tarlton - Frankie Dean; Tom Darby, lead vocals and guitar in standard tuning, G position, Jimmie Tarlton, harmony vocals and guitar played lap-slide style in GBDGBD tuning.

SOLO

Frankie Dean was a vag'ant girl, 'most every body knows
She paid one hundred dollars for Albert, a suit of clothes
He's her man, he done her wrong

Frankie went down to the pawn shop, she bought a .44
"I'm goin' to kill that man, just as sure as I can find
He's my man, he's doin' me wrong

Frankie went down to the barroom, called for a glass of wine
She asked, "Mr. bartender, have you seen that man of mine?
He's my man, he's doin' me wrong."

Bartender said, "A-little Frankie, says, I ain't gonna tell you no stories, says, I ain't gonna tell you no lies.
I saw your man about a hour ago with a girl named Alice Blye,
And he's your man, he's doin' you wrong."

Frankie walked out to the barroom, she saw with her surprise
She saw her loving Albert with a girl named Alice Blye,
"And he's my man, he's doin' me wrong."

Frankie pulled out a little pistol, shot him right through the eye
Said, she shot him once, she shot him twice, he's cried, "Don't take my life!
I'm your man, I've done you wrong."

SOLO

"Turn me over, little Frankie, turn me over slow.
Lord, that bullet in my head, how it pains me so.
You've killed your man, but I've done you wrong."

SOLO

Pull out your rubber-tired buggies, pull out your six-horse hacks
She taken her man to the graveyard, but she could not bring him back
"I've killed my man, but he done me wrong."

SOLO