Blind Dog Radio

Tall Skinny Mama Blues by Manny Nichols

Tall Skinny Mama Blues - Manny Nichols; E position, standard tuning.

SOLO

I've got a long, skinny mama, people, who she worried my mind
Say, I got a long, skinny mama, people, how she worried my mind
You all know the poor girl live on the West Coast, eighteen hundred miles down the line

Now, all our relations don't mean me no good
All our relations don't mean me no good
She was so low-down, like the woman I loved in the neighborhood

SOLO (Spoken before solo: Way I work with it now.)

I'll take me back down, Lou'siana, on my Daddy's sugar farm
Take me back down, Lou'siana, baby, on my Daddy's sugar farm
Says, you know when I get down there, won't nothin' in the world go wrong

SOLO (Spoken: Kick it a little, boy Take your time, work with it right.)

Take me back down to Lou'siana, baby, on my Daddy's sugar farm
Take me back to Lou'siana, baby, on my Daddy's sugar farm
Said, people, you know when I go back down there, won't a thing in the world be goin' on wrong

SOLO (Spoken: Now, whup it just a little bit, right there. Gonna get good, to right here, people. Let me work just a little bit. I ain't played this old red guitar yet. Oooo!)