Blind Dog Radio

Santa Claus by Walter Davis

Santa Claus Blues - Walter Davis; Davis, piano and vocals, possibly Henry Townsend, guitar.

Santa Claus, won't you please hear my lonesome plea?
Santa Claus, Santa Claus, won't you please hear my lonesome plea?
I don't want nothin' for Christmas, but my baby back to me

You know, I loved you, baby, that is why we could not get along
You know, I loved you, baby, that is why we could not get along
But someday you gon' be sorry that you ever done me wrong

Oh Lord, it's near Christmas time, and I want to see old Santa Claus
Lord, it's Christmas time, and I want to see old Santa Claus
If you don't bring my babe for Christmas, swear I'll break all the laws

Santa Claus, Santa Claus, Santa Claus
Santa Claus, I'm down on my bended knee
I don't want nothin' for Christmas, but my baby back to me