Blind Dog Radio

Empty House Blues by Blind Lemon Jefferson

Empty House Blues (21200-1) - Blind Lemon Jefferson; Chicago c. March 1929, Pm 12946; C position pitched at B.

That furniture man, he's done been here and gone.
I tell you this furniture man, already done been here and gone.
Taken all my furniture, never left nothin' for me to sit down on.

Well, it's tough to be alone, when I got to have my biscuits browned.
I say, it's tough to be alone, when I've got to have my biscuits browned.
The most of these women I know, cook it with their damper down.

I miss my baby in the mornin', Lord, miss her late at night.
I miss my baby in the mornin', Lord, I miss her late at night.
I miss that midnight lovin', and you know I ain't feelin' right.

I feel so disgusted, mama, I hate to be alone.
I feel so disgusted, and I hates to be alone.
I'm gettin' some other man's lovin' when I oughta be gettin' my own.

My love is like a storm that blowed the wires all down.
I say my love is like a storm, mama, that blowed the wires all down.
Sooner you get used to my lovin', they can't keep you out of town.