Blind Dog Radio

Death Valley Blues by Arthur "Big Boy" Crudup

Death Valley Blues - Arthur Crudup; Cross-note tuning.

I went down in Death Valley, ain't nothin' but tombstones and dry bones
I went down in Death Valley, nothin' but tombstones and dry bone
That's where poor me'll be, Lord, when I'm dead and gone

Now, if I should die, and should die before my time
Baby, if I should die, and should die before my time
I want you to bury my body down by that 'Frisco line

Now, bury me, mama, low down in the sand
Ahh, bury me, mama, low down in the sand
Now, bury me, mama, where I won't bother your next old man

Ahhhh, bye-bye, baby, I said good-bye
Ahhhh, bye-bye, baby, I said good-bye
Death Valley is my home, mama, when I die

Tell all these women, please come dressed in red
Tell all these women, please come dressed in red
They goin' down on 61 Highway, that's where the poor boy, he fell dead

Wear your patent leather slippers, mama, put on your morning gown
Wear your patent leather slippers, put on your morning gown
You gwonna follow poor Crudup, down to his buryin' ground