Blind Dog Radio

Back Door Blues by Emery Glen

Back Door Blues - Emery Glen; G position, standard tuning.

I went to bed last night with nothing on my mind
I felt the good world, it was treatin' me kind

I dreamed I saw my mama tell me goodbye
Well, I dreamed that I saw my mama tell me goodbye
And then around the back door, I saw her tie another man's tie

Aaa, mama, you can't double-dog me
Hey, mama, don't you double-dog me
'Cause if you want me to love you, just let me carry your back door key

'Tain't no woman, ah, and back-door me
There 'tain't no woman, ahh and back-door me
For I'm yours, one-and-all, or else your used-to-be

I got up this morning, 'vestigating on my mind
Well, I got up this morning, 'vestigating on my mind
I wanted to see if mama was the right kind

Sometime these dreams just like being awake
There's sometime these dreams just like being awake
I saw another man eating up my chocolate cake

Ah, cain't no woman, ah, and double-dog me
Ah, there cain't no woman, ah, and double-dog me
For if you want me to love you, have to let me carry your back door key

Well, there cain't no woman, ah, and back-door me
Ah, there cain't no woman, ah, and back-door me
I'm yours, one-and-all, or else your used-to-be