Blind Dog Radio

Pearl Harbor Blues by Roy Dunn

Pearl Harbor Blues - Roy Dunn; B position, standard tuning.

INTRO SOLO

You know, it was on December the seventh, nineteen hundred and forty-one
Well, it was on December the seventh, nineteen hundred and forty-one
When the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, dropped these bombs by the ton

Do you know, I turned on my radio, and I heard President Roosevelt when he said
Well, I turned on my radio, and I heard President Roosevelt when he said,
"You know, the Japanese done invaded Pearl Harbor, (spoken: bombed it, that is) and the American boys, I'm gonna have to send them on the way."

They always tell me the Japanese was hard fighters, but ain't no dummy, he ought to know
Oh, the Japanese is hard fighters, any old dummy ought to know
Just like a rattlesnake in its curl, they will warn you before they strike the blow

SOLO INTERLUDE

I'm losin' weight every day now, 'cause my girl won't buy no more beans from me
Lord, I'm losin' weight every day now, 'cause my baby won't buy no more beans for me
It keep me blue and discouraged, down-hearted as a poor man can be

On December the seventh, nineteen hundred and forty-one
Oh, on December the seventh, nineteen hundred and forty-one
When the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, dropped them bombs, by the ton