Blind Dog Radio

I'm Leavin' Town (But I Sho' Don't Wanna Go) by William Harris

Leavin' Town - William Harris; Harris, G position, capoed, standard tuning, Joe Robinson, second guitar, C position, standard tuning.

Tell me, mama, where you stayed last, where you stayed last, I said, night
Tell me, mama, where you stayed last night
Tell me, mama, where you stayed last night
Oh, your hair all wrinkled and your clothes ain't fittin' you right

Got up this mornin', could not keep from, could not keep from, I said, cryin'
I got up this mornin' and I could not keep from cryin'
Got up this mornin' and I could not keep from cryin'
Thinkin' 'bout my rider, she done put me down

The sun's gon' shine in, my back door some, my back door some, I mean, day
The sun's gon' shine in my back door some day
Said, the sun's gon' shine in my back door some day
I know my woman gon' come my way some day

SOLO: (Spoken during solo: Harris: Hey, boy. Robinson: Say, boy, how you percolatin' now? Harris: Boy, I ain't percolatin'. Robinson: 'Vaporate. Harris: Play 'em 'til I get sloppy.

SOLO: (Spoken during solo: Harris: Play 'em 'til I get sloppy drunk.)
When I get drunk, well I sure won't drink no more

Listen here, woman, what my, dear old mother, dear old mother, I mean, say
Listen here what my dear old mother said
Listen to what my dear old mother said,
"These women and whiskey done carried my child astray."

Easy, mama, 'cause, trouble's bearin', troubles bearin', I say, down
Take easy, mama, 'cause trouble's bearin' down
Easy, mama, my trouble's bearin' down
(Guitars finish verse)