Blind Dog Radio

Elsie Blues by Tommy McClennan

Elsie Blues - Tommy McClennan; D position, standard tuning.

SOLO

Elsie, the sweetest girl I know
Elsie, sweetest girl I know
If you didn't love me, Elsie, why did you tell me so?

Now I followed Elsie right to the terminal ground
I followed Elsie right to the terminal ground
But I never felt sorry 'til they let my baby down

Now I followed my baby long, long days then long nights
I followed my baby long, long days then long nights
I followed my baby 'til I see she wasn't gonna treat me right

You can misuse me here, now-now, but you can't when I go home (Spoken: Yeah, heh)
You can mistreat me here, but-but, you can't when I go home
Elsie, I got somebody there who really make you leave me alone

Now I give all my lovin', Elsie, what more can a poor man do? (Spoken: Yeah-heh, yeah-heh, yeah-heh)
I give you all my lovin', Elsie, what more can a poor man do?
You the sweet little girl, Elsie, but I swear you won't be true

Now you can't have me, Elsie, now-now, and my partner, too (Spoken: Take your time!)
You can't have me, Elsie, and my partner, too
'Cause you know good and well, babe, oh baby, that won't do

Now I followed you some days, now, and you juke-juke all the time (Spoken: Huh-heh-heh)
I followed you two o' them days, today, to juke-juke all the time
You juke-juke so that I wouldn't pay you no mind

Now if you don't quit jukin', baby, that's gon' be all right (Spoken: Yeah, heh-heh)
If you don't quit jukin' baby, that's gon' be all right
If your good man don't see you, I'll try to see you tomorrow night