Blind Dog Radio

Watch The Fords Go By by Cedar Creek Sheik

Watch The Fords Go By - Cedar Creek Sheik (Philip McCutcheon); C position, standard tuning.

Rocky-bye, little baby
Come close your pretty blue eyes
Set up in your cradle
And watch the Ford go by
REFRAIN (yodeled): Oh-de-lay-di-ay, de-lay-di-oh, de-lay-ee

Some folks prays to the altar (SPOKEN: Where you pray?)
I pray in the middle of the road
I ask the good Lord from Heaven
"Lord, give me a John Henry Ford."
REFRAIN: I want a vee-ee-eight, a vee-ee-eight, right now, please

If I ever gets any money
And get my record all straight
I'm gwine to put my money
In one o' these Ford V-8s
REFRAIN: I want a vee-ee-eight, a vee-ee-eight, right now, please

Now, Sue's somewhere in Charleston
And I know she 'bout to be convinced
If the Lord in Heaven would let me
I'd married Miss Etta Prince
REFRAIN: She's a lay-ee-ay, de-la-dy-oh, de-la-dy

I'm goin' right to Mr. John Henry (SPOKEN: Mr. John Henry Ford!)
And get right down on my knees
I'm gwine ask the captain
Please hire me, if you please
REFRAIN: Sing on the ra-di-o, ra-di-o, ra-di

Now, rocky-bye, little baby
Won't you close your pretty blue eyes
Now, set up in your cradle
And watch the Fords go by
REFRAIN: Oh-de-lay-di-oh, de-lay-di-oh, de-lay-ee

Now, listen to me, mother
My loved one, now, don't you cry
Stay right in your piazza
And watch the Ford go by
REFRAIN: Oh-de-lay-di-ay, de-lay-di-oh, de-lay-ee