Blind Dog Radio

Get Away Blues by Robert Wilkins

Get Away Blues - Robert Wilkins; A position, standard tuning.

I walked down to the station, fold my troubled arms
I walked down to the station, fold my troubled arms
Walked and asked that agent, "Has that train done gone?"

I looked down the track I, seed it in the bend
I looked down the track I, seed it in the bend
Walked and bought me a ticket, all for me and my friend

Told her, "Come on, woman, let us board this train."
Told her, "Come on, woman, let us board this train.
Right here while we get away from your man."

"Woman, you just tell me: Do you want to go?
Woman, you just tell me: Do you want to go?
I take you somewhere you, never been before."

"Then I'll give you silver, give you paper and gold.
Then I'll give you silver, give you paper and gold.
I'll give you anything will satisfy your weary soul."

"Woman, if I don't love you, I don't love myself.
Woman, if I don't love you, I don't love myself.
You did something to me I, ain't gon' tell nobody else."