Blind Dog Radio

Eloise by Ralph Willis

Eloise - Ralph Willis; A position, standard tuning.

INTRO

I said, Eloise, Eloise, Great God, gal, you don't know I'm here
Eloise, Eloise, Great God, you don't know I'm here
Well, if you do, my darling, Great God, look like you would hear my care

You know I love you, Eloise, Great God, I'll tell the world I do
Yes, I love you, Eloise, Great God, I'll tell the world I do
Well Eloise, my darling, what make you treat me like you do?

You know, I left you, Eloise, standin' in my back door, cryin'
Yes, yes, I left that old gal in the door, cryin'
Well maybe someday, Eloise, you'll come to me and try to change your mind

I think it's lonesome, everything is lonesome everywhere
Hey gal, Eloise, I swear it's everywhere
I think I'll go back, North Carolina, maybe it won't be lonesome down there

SOLO (Spoken: Play it a little bit for me now)

Well, Eloise, I wanted the whole round world to know
I said, Eloise, Great God, I wanted the world to know
You made me walk from Chicago, slammin' down to the Gulf of Mexico

Well, I'm wonderin', will a matchbox hold my clothes?
Hey, hey, Great God, will a matchbox hold my clothes?
Eloise, I ain't got so many matches, Ralph got such a long way to go