Blind Dog Radio

Peach Orchard Mama by Big Joe Williams

Peach Orchard Mama - Big Joe Williams; Spanish tuning, William Mitchell, imitation bass.

Peach orchard mama, you swore wasn't nobody gonna use your peaches but me
Peach orchard mam-hoo, swore wasn't nobody gonna use your peaches but me
Well, you want Joe Williams to work in your orchard, well, and I keep your orchard clean

You done got me to the place, I hate to see that evenin' sun go down (Spoken: Play it a long time, boy!)
Yeah, ma'am, I hate to see that evenin' sun go down
Well, well, get up in the mornin', hoo-well, peach orchard mama, she's on my mind

Got a man to buy your groceries and another joker to pay your rent
She's got a man to buy your groceries and another joker's payin' your rent
Well, you got me workin' in your orchard, hoo-well, well, and bringin' you every cents (Spoken: Play it a while)

SOLO (Spoken: I wonder what's the matter with that woman. Play it!)

Sometime she make me happy, and again she makes me cry
Sometime she make me happy, and again she makes me cry
Ever again I want a peach orchard mama, hoo-well, well, I wish to God that she would die (Spoken: Play it a little while)