Blind Dog Radio

Useless Blues by Sara Martin & Sylvester Weaver

Useless Blues - Sara Martin, with Sylvester Weaver; G position, standard tuning.
NOTE: Sara Martin recorded this song as Sally Roberts.

Oh, hey, what's that I heard you say?
Hey, what's that I heard you say?
You are going away and leave me today

If you go away, and leave me today
Ah, if you go away and leave me today
Says, you can't come back, so you had better stay

Uh, here's a little lesson I want you to learn
Now, here's a little lesson I want you to learn
That if you play with fire you are sure to get burned

Now, you know you used to love me just like a sheik
Ah, you know you used to love me just like a sheik
But now all you can do is to pat my cheek

So if you want to come back, papa, you've got to get some monkey glands
If you want to come back, you got to get some monkey glands
'Cause I don't want no cripple man hanging on my hands