Blind Dog Radio

Wash And Iron Woman Blues by Gene Campbell

Wash And Iron Woman Blues - Gene Campbell; C position, standard tuning.

I've got something that stays on my mind
I've got something that stays on my mind
A woman ain't nothin' but a fool, will wash and iron all the time

I want to tell all you women, I want you all to know
I wanta tell all you women, I want you all to know
What's the use of washing and ironing when there's a better way to go?

If your woman's washing and ironing, that's the only way she makes her change
If your woman's washing and ironing, that's the only way she make her change
Man, if you don't go hungry, I'll be in account of a dirty name

I wouldn't have a washwoman, I tell you a reason why
I wouldn't have a washwoman, I tell you the reason why
All the money she can make washing won't buy me a decent tie

I'm sorry for you women, I know just how you feel
I'm sorry for you women, I know just how you feel
Before I'd have a washwoman, I'd hijack, rob, and steal