Blind Dog Radio

Hard Road Blues by Blind Blake

Hard Road Blues - Blind Blake; G position, standard tuning.

Keep on walkin' and walkin', talkin' to myself
Keep on walkin' and walkin', talkin to myself
Gal I love, with somebodys else

I got the hard road blues, walkin' on down the line
Got the hard road blues, walkin' on down the line
Maybe someday, my gal will change her mind

It’s a hard, hard road, when your baby done throws you down
Hard, hard road, when your baby done throwed you down
Gon’ keep along, walkin, from town to town

It’s been a long, long time since I seen my baby’s face
It’s been a long, long time since I seen my baby’s face
And my girl see the joker that took my place

I’m gon’ find my baby, don’t think she can be found
I’m gon' find my baby, don’t think she can be found
Gon’ walk this hard, hard road until my mustache drags the ground