Blind Dog Radio

Electric Chair Blues by William Harris

Electric Chair Blues - William Harris; Dropped-D tuning, D position.
NOTE: On the record label, this song was attributed to Alonzo Boone, who may be the singer here. Harris is most likely the guitarist, though.

I'm gonna shake hands with my partner, ask him how come he's here
I'm gonna shake hands with my partner, ask him how come he's here
I had a wreck with my family, they gonna send me to the electric chair

Why do they 'lectrocute a man if he just walk out, at night?
Why do they 'lectrocute a man if he just walk out, at night?
'Cause the current is much stronger when the folks turn out all their lights

I walked in the electrocuting room with my arms fold up and cryin'
I walked in the electrocuting room with my arms fold up and cryin'
My baby, she asked the question, "When they gonna electrocute that man of mine?"

"I'm gonna catch me some taxi, take me on away from here.
I'm gonna catch me some taxi, take me on away from here.
'Cause it's the death for me to see my man to that 'lectric chair."

"I seen wrecks on the ocean, wrecks on the deep blue sea.
I seen wrecks on the ocean, wrecks on the deep blue sea.
I seen wrecks in my heart, when they brought my electrocuted daddy to me."