Blind Dog Radio

Salty Dog by Mississippi John Hurt

Salty Dog - Mississippi John Hurt; G position, standard tuning.

INTRO

Hmm-hmm-mmm
Hmm-mm-mm

Dee-dah-di-lah-dah, deedle-dah-dah
Nah
Dee-dah-di-lah-dah, dat-dah-dah

Dee-Dah, you salty dog!
Hey, hey, hey, you salty dog

Says, the big fish, little fish swimmin' in the water
Come back here, man, give me my quarter!

Mmm-hmm-hmm-hmm-hmm
Hmm-hmm-hmm, hmm-hmm-hmm

Says, God made a woman, he made her mighty funny
The lips on the mouth just as sweet as any honey
Hey, hey, hey, you salty dog

Says, the scaredest I ever was in my life
Uncle Bud like to caught me kissin' his wife
Hey, hey, you salty dog

Hmm-mm-hmm-mm
Mmmmmm
Hmm-hmm-hmm, hmm-hmm-hmm

Says, you blue-eyed, you blue-gum, you speckle-foot ape
Your doggone foot ain't got no shape
Hmm-hmm-hmm, you salty dog

You salty dog
Dee-dah, dah-lah-dah-dum