Blind Dog Radio

Wanita by Big Joe Williams

Wanita - Big Joe Williams; Big Joe Williams, vocal and guitar in Spanish tuning, Sonny Boy Williamson, harmonica, Jump Jackson, drums.

INTRO

Wanita, tell me whether you stayed all night
Wanita, tell me whether you stayed all night
Yes, you come home early this mornin', clothes wasn't fittin' you right

Now, I b'lieve, Wanita, she 'way across the sea, when you get lonesome, Wanita, set down and write to me
REFRAIN: Wanita, tell me where did you stay last -
Well, you never come home this mornin', clothes ain't fittin' you right

Wanita's got ways like a rattlesnake, boys, when she gets in a coil, when she start to lovin' you, man, it's too tight for the world
REFRAIN: Wanita, tell me where did you stay last night
Yeah, you never come home this mornin', clothes ain't fittin' you right

SOLO (Spoken: Play it one time, boy!)

Yeah, you come home early this mornin', Wanita, clothes ain't fittin' you right

Yes, I believe somebody, Wanita, been fishin' all in my pond, catchin' all my perches, Wanita, and grindin' up their bones
REFRAIN: Wanita, gal, where you stayed all night
Yes, you never come home this mornin', clothes ain't fittin' you right

SOLO