Blind Dog Radio

Take Them For A Ride by David McCarn

Take Them For A Ride - David McCarn; C position, standard tuning.

I taken my girl for a ride one night,
We rode in a Cadillac
But I don't think she liked to ride
'Cause she wanted to walk back
And then we went again one night,
Rode in a rattletrap
We rode all night 'til the break of daylight
And then I had to throw her out

SOLO

Now, all these Carolina girls
They're easy on the hook
But when you take them out you've got to
Watch your pocketbook
They used to stroll in daytime
And chew their chewing gum
But now they ride around at night and
Drink ten-cent bay rum

SOLO

Now, some girls like to drive your car
And some, they like to snooze
But my girl likes to pet the best
When she's full of booze
Her Daddy loved her Mama
Her Mama, she loved men
Now her Mama's in the graveyard
And her Daddy's in the pen

SOLO

Two girls and I went riding
Their names were Jack and Jill
I soon found out they loved to pet
In a new Ford automobile
Now, one of these were wonderful
She danced and she could sing
But the other one had a hump on 'er back
From shakin' that doggone thing

SOLO