Blind Dog Radio

Down In The Cemetery by Billy Bird

Down In The Cemetery - Billy Bird; Billy Bird, vocal, Arthur McClain or Joe Evans, guitar in E position, standard tuning.

INTRO ( Sung: Mmmm-mmmm, I'm gonna talk about this cemetery, ain't gonna talk no more)

And I went to the cemeter', looked in my baby's face
Says, I went to the cemeter', looked in my baby's face
Said, "I love you baby, but I sure can't take your place."

I'm goin' away, baby, wear you off my mind
Says, I'm goin' away, baby, wear you off my mind
Says, if I stay 'round here I'll be crazy all the time

I don't want me no woman got hair like drops of rain
Said, I don't want no woman, hair like drops of rain
Every time she combs her hair you can hear them hard nails sing

My woman's got teeth like a lighthouse on the sea
Lord, she's got teeth like a lighthouse on the sea
Every time she smiles, she throws the lights on me

Oh, mmmm, mmmmhmmm, mmm, mmm
Mmmm, mmmm, mmmm, mmm, mmm, mmm
Mmmm, hmmmm, mmmmm, mmmmm, mmmm, mmm
Mmmm, hmmmmm, mmmmm, mmmm, hmm, mmmm, mmm

Stick with me, sweet mama, mama, stick with me
Stick with me, sweet mama, mama, stick with me
I'm gonna make me a hundred and I'm gonna give you ninety-nine

Mmmm, hmmmm, mmmmm, hmmm, mmmm, mmmm
Mmmmm, hmmm, hmmm, mmmm, mmm, hmmm, hmmm, mmm
Hmmmm, mmmm, mmmm, mmmm