Blind Dog Radio

Can't Put The Bridle On That Mule This Morning by Julius Daniels

Can't Put The Bridle On That Mule This Morning, Take 1 - Julius Daniels w/Wilbert Andrews; Daniels, C position, standard tuning at D, Andrews, F position, standard tuning at D.

I had a old mule and the mule wouldn't gee this mornin'
I had a old mule, the mule wouldn't gee this mornin'
I had a old mule, the mule wouldn't gee, I hit him in the head with a single-tree
This mornin' got too soon for me

I got on the mule and the mule wouldn't ride this mornin'
Got on the mule and the mule wouldn't ride this mornin'
I got on the mule and the mule wouldn't ride, I hit him in the head with a single trile
This mornin' got too soon for me

I told that mule when the mule wouldn't gee this mornin
Told that mule, the mule wouldn't gee this mornin'
I told that mule, the mule wouldn't gee, I hit him in the head with a single-tree
This mornin' got too soon for me

Oh, this old mule keep a-cuttin' this fool this mornin'
This old mule keep a-cuttin' this fool this mornin'
Oh, this old mule keep a-cuttin' this fool, I can't put a bridle on this old mule
This mornin' got too soon for me

I told that nigger with the black hat on this mornin'
I told that nigger with the black hat on this mornin'
I told that nigger with the black hat on I'm gonna hit him in the head just as sure as you're born
This mornin' got too soon for me

A nigger and the white man playin' Seven Up this mornin'
A nigger and the white man playin' Seven Up this mornin'
A nigger and the white man playin' Seven Up, but the nigger win the money but he's scared to pick it up
This mornin' got too soon for me