Blind Dog Radio

Mama, Mama Blues by Ralph Willis

Mama Mama Blues - Ralph Willis; A position, standard tuning, unknown washboard.

INTRO SOLO

Well, I'm gonna catch that old Greyhound, yes, that Greyhound
You know, I'm gonna ride from town to town
Yes, I'm gonna ride from town to town
Yes, I'm gonna ride from town to town
Find my little woman, don't think she can be found

Well, just had've listened, yes, had listened
Just beside, like mama said
Just beside, like mama said
I could been home right now, layin' 'cross mama's bed

Well, I want my mam', yes, I want my mama
Yes, I want mama
Yes, I want her, yes, I want mama
Well, there's something nice, then we can go long for'

SOLO (Spoken during solo: Play it light now. Yeah!)

You know, it's one Christmas, yeah, this was one Christmas
I ain't asked you now, to take me for Santy Claus
Yes, just take me for your Santa Claus
Even if my whiskers is not white and long

Well, well, well, well, well, well, well
Lordy, Lord, Lord, Lord
Well, well, Lord, Lord, Lord
Well, I used to be that woman's regular, now I have to be her dog

SOLO (Spoken during solo: Let's play it again! Yeah!)

Well, I'm gon' leave you, mama, yes, gonna leave you now
You know, the time ain't gon' be so long
Well, the mark in the family must be carried on