Blind Dog Radio

Jake Walk Blues by Allen Brothers

Jake Walk Blues - Allen Brothers; Austin Allen, vocals, tenor banjo and spoken commentary, Lee Allen, guitar in G position, standard tuning and kazoo.

KAZOO SOLO

I can't eat, I can't talk, been drinking mean jake, Lord, now I can't walk
Ain't got nothing, now, to lose, 'cause I'm a jake-walkin' papa with the Jake Walk Blues

KAZOO SOLO

"Listen here, papa, can't you see, you can't drink jake and get along with me.
You're a jake-wlking papa with the Jake Walk Blues, I'm a red hot mama that you can't afford to lose."

KAZOO/TENOR BANJO SOLO

"Listen here, daddy, while I tell you once more, if you're gonna drink jake, don't you knock at my door."
"Listen here, mama, have to call your hand, I'm a jake-walking papa from a jake walk land."

KAZOO SOLO

I'm not good-looking and I'm not low-down, I'm a jake-walking papa, just hangin' around
Now I've made this song, and it may not rhyme, but I'm a jake-walking papa just havin' a good time

KAZOO/TENOR BANJO SOLO

My Daddy was a gambler and a drunkard, too, if he's living today, he'd have the jake walk, too
When I die, you can have my hand, gonna take a bottle of jake to the Promised Land

KAZOO SOLO X 3 (Spoken during solo: Now I'm feeling kind of drunk, fellas. Be wearin' jake socks after a while, you know, they call 'em iron socks. You know, I bet you don't know one smelter, brother. Which is the other?)