Blind Dog Radio

Up North Blues by Yank Rachell

Up North Blues - Yank Rachell; Yank Rachell, vocal and guitar in G position, standard tuning, Sonny Boy Williamson, harmonica, Washboard Sam, washboard, William Mitchell, bass cano.

INTRO

Now, I'm goin' down South, I'm gon' stay until winter gone
Now, I'm goin' down South, I'm gon' stay until winter gone
Then, when winter gone, then maybe I will go back home

And I can't stay in the North, you know I ain't got sufficient clothes
You know, I can't live in the North, and I ain't got sufficient clothes (Spoken: Oh yes, but they sell clothes up there, you know that)
You know, when the wind get to blown', Sonny Boy, you know, I'm even scared to go outdoors

You know, I was settin' and wonderin', I look out, boys, with tears all in my eyes
You know, I was settin' and wonderin', I look out, with tears all in my eyes (Spoken: Oh, I know some of your peoples must have died, or somethin' or other, you know?)
You know, I want to get outdoors so bad, but Sonny Boy, you know I'm scared that I would die

SOLO (Spoken: Play it now. . . yes, my Lord)

You know, it's so cold up North, the birds, they can not hardly fly
It's so cold up North, the birds, they can not hardly fly
But every time I step outdoors, the wind whisks with the water out of my eyes