Blind Dog Radio

Take Some And Leave Some by Jesse Thomas

Take Some And Leave Some - Jesse Thomas; E position, standard tuning, unidentified harmonica player.

I asked my babe for some money. Here's what she had to say,
"Take some and leave some, be on your merry way.
Take some and leave some, for some old rainy day."

I said, "You don't love me." She said, "Oh, yes I do."
I said, "How can you love me, and treat me the way you do?"
She said, "Take some and leave some, I'll be waiting here for you."

HARMONICA SOLO (Spoken during solo: Yes, I hear her calling me now. That's my baby on the phone. I'm gonna tell her right now, watch.)

Last time I tried to love you, here's what you had to say,
"If I give you all my love, you might go away and stay.
So, take some and leave some, come back again some other day."

Yeah, pretty baby, how will you ever know
How much I love you, if I never tell you so?
Take some and leave some. Baby, you may never know.