Blind Dog Radio

Dead Drunk Blues by Ma Rainey

Dead Drunk Blues - Ma Rainey; Accompanied on piano by Claude "Hop" Hopkins.

SPOKEN: My man is freakish drunk this mornin'. Daddy say, "Be yourself."

Oh, give me Houston, that's the place I crave
Oh, give me Houston, that's the place I crave
So when I'm dry, I drink whiskey is just made

Oh, whiskey, whiskey, is some folks' downfall
Oh, whiskey, whiskey, is some folks' downfall
But if I don't get whiskey, I ain't no good at all

When I was in Houston, drunk 'most every day
When I was in Houston, drunk 'most every day (Spoken: Lord, where the police?)
I drank so much whiskey, I thought I'd pass away

Have you ever been drunk, slept all in your clothes?
Have you ever been drunk, slept all in your clothes?
And when you woke up, felt like you's out of doors

Daddy, I'm gon' get drunk, just one more time (Spoken: Where's the whiskey bottle?)
Honey, I'm gonna get drunk, Papa, just one more time
'Cause when I'm drunk, nothin' don't worry my mind