Blind Dog Radio

You Can't Keep No Brown by Bo Weavil Jackson

You Can't Keep No Brown - Bo Weavil Jackson; Spanish tuning, with a slide.

I woke up this mornin', mama, blues all 'round my bed
Soon this mornin', mama, blues all around my bed
Thinkin' 'bout the kind words that my mama had said

Now my Mama's dead, so is my Daddy, too
Now my Mama's dead, so is my Daddy, too
That's the reason I tried so hard to get along with you

Now, where there ain't no lovin', there ain't no gettin' along
Where there ain't no lovin', there ain't no gettin' along
'Cause you'll have more trouble, honey, now the days is long

So many days, I stoled away and cried
So many days, I stoled away and cried
Poor boy's been mistreated, I can't be satisfied

Now, I'm gonna write a letter, mail it in the air
I'm gonna write a letter, gonna mail it in the air
Because the March wind blows, blows news everywhere

'Cause I'm going up the country, won't be very long
Sweet gal, you can count the days I'm gone

Awful tender-hearted, don't have to fight,
The gal I get she's got to try to treat me right
I'm crazy 'bout my Jane, tell the world that I am,
'Cause I'm goin' where they sing Long Distance Blues

Now you get way back, you ball the jack,
Begin to fight you get to snatch it back
I want to see my Jane, tell the world that I do,
'Cause I'm goin' where, sing Long Distance Blues