Blind Dog Radio

I Am Looking For A Woman Who Knows How To Treat Me Right by Papa Charlie Jackson

I Am Looking For A Woman Who Knows How To Treat Me Right - Papa Charlie Jackson; C position, standard tuning.
NOTE: Spoken passages are shown in parentheses.

I'm looking for a woman nowadays
That knows how to treat me right
I haven't never been married
And I don't know what - a wife
Aw, baby, don't you dance so light
I know you're fixin' to stay out all night
I am looking for the woman nowadays,
Knows how to treat me right

(Now can you people find me a woman nowadays that knows how to treat me right? I don't know nothing, and I don't believe in stayin' away from home all night.)
Now, mama, don't you dance so rough
I know you're fixin' to strut your stuff
Can you find me a woman nowadays,
Knows how to treat me right

SOLO

(I went out yesterday evening, I call myself out visiting. A lady had invited me over to dinner. Now I'm gonna tell you people just what she had on her table.)

She had turnip greens, turnip greens,
It's something that I don't eat
Turnip greens, turnip greens
Walk around the corner and you'll meet
You'll meet cabbage and cornbread and buttermilk, too
It 'tain't no tellin' what a woman won't do
Turnip greens, turnip greens,
Something that I don't eat

SOLO

Oh, mama, don't you dance so light
Fixin' to slip off and stay out all night
I'm looking for me, a woman nowadays,
Knows how to treat me right

(Now I'm going to get me a woman, too, that knows how to treat me right. I'm a man with a family, and I swear I ain't gonna stay out away from home all night.)

Oh, mama, don't you dance so rough
I know you're fixing to strut your stuff
I'm looking for me, a woman nowadays,
Knows how to treat me right, I mean,
Knows how to treat me right