Blind Dog Radio

Georgia Blues by Cecil Barfield

Georgia Blues - Cecil Barfield; E position, standard tuning.

SPOKEN: Let's see now, what I'm gonna do here now

Tell me, baby, why did you love poor man?
Tell me, fair brown, girl, why did you love poor man?
If you not with another man, rider, you oughta come and love with me

Love me, baby, just like I love you
Well, the way I been lovin' you, rider,
I declare I 'clined feelin' a shame

Takin' my little money, babe, all my love go, too
Well, my money now, havin' that, like my lovin', too

Gal I been lovin', one I crave to see
Yes, the girl I'm lovin', God knows, in love with some other man

See the way you're lovin', girl, I declare it will never do
Can't love me, baby, and love some other man, too

(SPOKEN: Lord have mercy. That's what I say about your way of lovin'.)

Looky-here, rider, somethin' going on wrong
Well, it ain't nothin' I heard, girl, I can tell by the way, baby, you're doin'

Followin' my baby, just can't help myself
Pullin' my rider, just can't help myself
Yes, I been lovin' you, fair brown, lovin' you no one else

Going away, baby, wear you off my mind
Going away, fair brown, to wear you off my mind
Well, the way my baby treats me, make me not want to live long