Blind Dog Radio

Easy Rider Blues by Blind Lemon Jefferson

Easy Rider Blues (4423-2) - Blind Lemon Jefferson; Chicago c. April 1927, Pm 12474, G position and pitch.

Now, tell me where my easy rider's gone.
Won't you tell me where my easy rider's gone.
My reason why, these women always in the wrong.

Well, easy rider died on the road.
And it's easy rider died on the road.
I'm a poor boy here and ain't got nowhere to go.

"Soon it's gonna be the time that a woman don't need no man.
Well, it's soon there'll be a time when a woman don't need no man."
Said, "Baby, shut your mouth and don't be raisin' sand."

The train I ride don't burn no coal at all.
Train I ride don't burn no coal at all.
The coal I was burnin' won't burn except the Cannonball.

I went to the depot
I mean, I went to the depot and sat my suitcase down.
The blues overtake me and tears come rollin' down.

The woman I love, she must be out of town.
Woman I love, man, she's out of town.
She left me this mornin' with her face in a terrible frown.

I got a gal cross town, she crochets all the time.
I got a gal cross town, crochets all the time.
"Sugar, if you don't quit crocheting, you're gonna lose your mind."

Said, fair brown, what's the matter now?
Said, fair brown, what's the matter now?
You're tryin' your best to quit me, woman, and you don't know how.